Progressive Summer Looks

My offbeat perching on Market Square lead me to detect some nicely collaborated early summer looks. The high street is popping with new colours, patterns and the best characteristics from previous years, including waterfall cardigans and maxi dresses!



Here are my favourite picks...

 I've chosen New Look to collaborate this outfit together, since I feel that it is in a happy-medium category; quality garments yet in the affordable range for the majority of shoppers. This crochet knit waterfall cardigan is lightweight and delicate, a perfect combo with any summer attire, since it is very easy to wear, as white remains to be a neutral colour especially in the sunshine! It does however come available in black as well, so depending on your style... it comes to £19.99 and is in store and online.



I saw a lady wearing something very similar to this in city centre, although it did consist of a larger flower pattern. These red tones have a very romantic feel and as it is a string tie bandeau dress, it has a nonconformist feel to it too; relaxed but not under-dressed. It claims to be 'tile print' and I would agree to a certain extent, see you can imagine it may be something like the ceiling of a royals' palace! Quite a steal at only £14.99




Online Exclusive only £12.99

If I could afford it I would probably have all the LBDs off the new look website, I kid you not... I thought I'd add, if you're not the most fashion concious person and you still want something new for the summer months, you honestly cannot go wrong in an LBD. A few summers ago, I literally lived in a black maxi dress with lace across the back and shoulder blades (it was lovely I have no idea what happened to it) that cost me something like three quid in the new look sale because it was one of those really random items you just find on the end of some rail and it happened to be my size so you know, I adopted it as one of my signature outfits... anyway, I've picked this one because I think it would look good on all body shapes. I like the crossy straps and as a 'skater' dress, it flatters every body shape. As someone with a small bust, I am paranoid about dresses falling down or not covering me properly, and I guess is the same for larger breasted women, since we can all have a wardrobe malfunction from time to time! Since the material is that stretchy jersey fabric and is also very simple to wash and care for and generally, covering the physique ergonomically (which is the purpose of clothing, right!?)

I couldn't live in black clothing all the time though it would make me feel too dull! Fashion is supposed to be fun, you're supposed to feel good in the way you want to dress yourself, the priorities of clothing, by my own personal style bible, is to feel confident and comfortable (which of those two, you cannot have one with out the other, like strawberries and cream) If you're feeling brave, there's a blue and pink alternative to this black version. I would ideally wear this dress with a cropped denim jacket for the day time, and bring out the leather at night!




Invest in these shoes. They're slick, they never go out of fashion, you can wear them with every thing... yes it's Converse of course!