Be Yourself

Of late, in my intrepid exploration through the vortex of fashion and beyond, I have discovered that as clichéd as it sounds, that less is in fact more. I know it can be hard to believe, considering that I fancy myself as quite the merchandiser; over many years of trashy garment faux-pas, along with the expected disasters such as the hot pink combats and the tacky version of leopard print. There are certain ways of wearing leopard print, don't get me wrong, I'm not writing it off forever.

I have recently downsized to a generous selection of what I consider to be staple fashion come-backs for 2015, which include kimonos, harem pants and embellishment. I managed to pick up some very delicate princess sandals, mint green with a small pointy heel, easier to walk in than they look I can assure you! I was shopping in Manchester with my mum and we always check out the charity shops as well since we like to fuel our money into good causes along with browsing the new lines and sales on the high street...






They're originally from Faith who retail with Debenhams and ASOS. I found these in Sue Ryder (£9)


I have since moved (again) which always proves to be a demanding manoeuvre, after all, it is said to be in the top three most distressing scenarios a human being can endure, after grief and divorce. So I decided to reinvent myself, my life and with it, my wardrobe. I have kept my favourite statement pieces which I believe express my character and personality. The important thing about a sense of style is that you stay true to yourself and allow your soul colours to flourish and with that your taste in clothing, music, art and hobbies. Never try to imitate any one else in order to gain acceptance from a crowd. People should appreciate you for who you are as a person and not judge you on your attire, although we do have an element of judgement about each individual we cross paths with in life, as that is purely a psychological response and what it means to be a functional human being. We must have a distinct level of judgement in order to protect ourselves, that's just human nature.

Anyway, despite this supposedly being a fashion blog, I can't help but feel that it is more suitable to add life advice, style advice and predictions for the future of the industry along with making healthy decisions, buying brands, economics and ethics, which all play an important role in the material world. 

I would like to note, that upon seeking my further career steps through the major retailers on the high street such as Arcadia, Jack Wills, New Look, Primark for advertising, marketing and more, I was glad to notice that the models used on American Apparel's POS are voluptuous, glowing women, and appear to not conduct the taint of airbrushing. This is a positive message to take away from my scouring of the online high street today!