Bed Head & My New Friend

Hello loyal readers!

I have to say, that I am really enjoying keeping this blog. Although that may come across as sarcastic, which is generally a problem when it comes to the weird world of words, especially in techie-land, where you can never be 100% sure how serious the sender of your message is being with out the context and aid of emoticons, what I am writing now may seem like it is slightly rehearsed or even bland. Yet this is far from the truth, I always write off the bat and usually in the company of some decent music (by my books) and my infallible research skills, as I don't like to say anything with out doing my homework first, to avoid humiliation for my inaccurate information later. I also do not condemn the grammar Nazis onslaught of correction, need be it.

This morning I woke up, as I usually do (in fact, I don't think I've had a day in my life where I hadn't woken up eventually) and I felt a bit rough, unfortunately, I have been suffering migraines this past week and it's been an inconvenience for my work/life balance. I understand that many of us, suffer daily with a health condition, whether it be mental, physical or both, since one impairment usually pairs with the other (low mood due to physical pain, or physical pain due to mental strain) So it is ever more vital that both physical and mental health are attended to throughout our lives, after all, we only have one body for the entirety of it.

My mum's advice has always been, "You've only got your health" and as much as she annoys me at the best of times, I can't argue with that one. I do think that health is not the only thing to be concerned about, but it is a main element of life. I was reading some shit on the internet, as usual, and I came across some thought provoking ideas, especially around my passions in religious studies and philosophy, some concept with in a working model of sacred geometry. Any way, so here I've been barking on about, Reform the system! F' triangles! and, It's hip to be square!... a few of my favourite mottos, and this intention of the four points of the square is that every life on earth has the right to these key fundamentals; Health, Wealth, Self-Expression, and Love. My point here being is that health is not necessarily the only component to an abundant life. With out going much deeper right now, I'd like to pull this back to the main discussion, and keep it light and friendly, not too much to boggle your brains this Thursday afternoon, besides, you're probably fried from these last few working days, and the last thing you want to read is some lengthy, heavy abstract about God knows what. (irony intended)

So I had a good clean up around the flat, as my dad says, "A clear room generates a clear mind" and did my hair and make-up (I can't leave the house with out doing so, vanity should be a personal choice and men and women should not be scrutinised for doing so, a mon avis) This is the result I achieved and I would like to share my styling tips, hence it being a fashion-orientated blog :)


I went on an intensive bike ride around 4 am last night. Whenever I am stressed, angry or I cannot sleep, I will drag myself out of my limbo, throw my jogging bottoms and hoodie on then bomb it around the block on my bicycle with music blasting through my ears, regardless of what is ahead of me the following morning, because I know that it is the only thing that helps with out getting mad with any one! It is not an unhealthy way to vent negative emotions, exercise that is, so my advice for beating depression, mood-disorders or low self-esteem, would be to join a sport, use a gym or naturally, get outdoors! Fresh air helps. Furthermore, quitting smoking is advisable, it actually sustains a cycle of stress due to withdrawal of nicotine between cigarettes. I have practised a lot of Buddhist methodologies in order to abandon my addiction. So when the heavens opened, and my messy bun got damp, I left it like that overnight and the result when I took my hair down this morning with a little tousle and product, falls like this.


I endorse this product I have used previously, for dry, damaged hair, works a treat!

When I don't have time to wash my hair, I load up my locks with dry shampoo, I usually buy whatever brand is on offer, then spritz my length and fringe with a little hairspray. I'll get round to doing more on hair later, after all I did study a hair course for a year a little while back, and I have been DIY-ing my own creative styles on myself since I was 14. (Colouring and even cutting my own hair sometimes!)

The following items I bought in BOYES last weekend, when I went to visit Lincolnshire. It's amazing value for beauty, home ware and treats yet not quite Wilko's but it's not exactly Poundland territory either, you will have to find one and see for yourself! It's an excellent on-a-budget store, sure, I bought some crockery also whilst I was there...


Price & Kensington Teapot, Designed in England


Fine Bone China Tea Cup, The Leonardo Collection
It is true that I am a tea fanatic. I have an assortment at the moment, consisting of a cinnamon and apple combination, which has been said to curb appetite, green tea which is infamous for 'detoxing', whatever the F' that means. I'm still trying to work out this 'detox' thing, although its quite possibly just another marketing strategy to sell products, this 'detox' hype may be a conspiracy, amongst other things, perhaps only something the celebrities can hit with a nail on the head. It's up to popular debate. Next to last is my favourite, camomile tea. I cannot express how much I have fallen in love with this before bed-time, it's got me through a lot of uneasy rest, truth be told.


Experimenting with make-up, lips and eyes by AVON
"Cappuccino" Lips!


Due New Mascara! superSHOCK-MAX by AVON


A well used AVON palette, Smoky Eyes, I used dark blue and baby blue today with an angled brush

The plant. My new friend. He never leaves me, he doesn't drink too much and he never hurts me. He's got a nice waxy coat as needle-less cactus' go, and he likes my music taste. My step-brother has a garden centre, so I got this gifted to me all the way from merry Manchester - super cute!





Faith. Every thing requires faith. Even if you claim to have no faith, you would not do most the things you do on a daily basis. You may have faith in your own morale however it is still a form of faith! So what ever it is that you do, keep motivated by doing the things you love doing and take time for the things you enjoy. That is common sense but it is regarded as a secret.

Never underestimate Charity Shops