Avocado Philosophy

Whenever I eat an Avocado, its always the same procedure. The excitement arises as I slice it in half, the anticipation boils up inside me as I prepare it methodically, lovingly though somewhat impulsively, a bit like smoking a joint, for example.

The intention is to grasp its affect and take time to attend to its sweet existence. Its got that familiar taste, soft texture and creamy flavour. I know as soon as the idea to dine on such a fruit appears as a desire in my mind, that hedonistic version of me begs like a child for this minor pleasure, reveals that I truly do appreciate its delicacy by all innocence. 

Although I know before I register its progress from palm to stomach, that it will have been and gone before I can acknowledge its beauty and exoticism. I can insist that every time I eat an Avocado that I enjoy it, but in those moments I am eating it, I am never fully present with the experience. 




The second half greets me as I carefully slip the stone out of the centre, cautious as to not batter or contort the nutritious and appealing yellowish substance. No matter how hard I focus, I am aware that its existence will inevitably end and the amusement will cease.

It is almost as hard to find my self in the minutes I consume it, as it is when I lose my self in the hours of mindless copulation. This is why I conclude that Avocados are better than Sex.