To Health

"The gym is a playground for grown ups, and should be used in moderation, unless you're training for a competition or sporting event. Rehabilitation in your local gym can seriously improve your quality of life, not just for your body but for your mind..." SW

http://formulaonecastlerock10k.itsyourrace.com/event.aspx?id=5587

2016 Sponsor 
> > > > > > > 
This 10k race around Nottingham University is still open for entrances, if you are an avid runner, then this is a fantastic opportunity for enthusiasts and beginners alike. 


The KISS radio is motivating me, reassuringly in the background, and gosh how it reminds me of a night out in a club. To me, it is the same difference, only I am building my self through the atmosphere in a solitary way, with the company of waggish peers all on their own sacred journey to well-being and ultimately good-health.





Photo: blogs.scientificamerican.com
I gaze vacantly as I push my limbs forward on the treadmill, contemplating the nature of the pigeons on the roof opposite me through the open window. Later in the week, I felt so desolate, with a looming lack of determination, although somehow I managed to summon the strength to carry my self back to the gym and place my self on a sprinting session with the treadmill once more.

This time, I tried some thing I never ever do... I turned up the speed and I refused to stop. I released all that negativity and I realised some thing; I am capable of endurance running, I can break my best records and I am my own toughest competition.

I am only challenging my self when I get into that environment, and I am only training for my self when I get into the best shape of mind. That is when we start to perform at our highest and find our truest ambitions. We have to go deep within ourselves and pluck out our weaknesses in order to change and improve them. It is not a revelation that comes to you over night, it requires persistence and the progress of this enlightening fact is an on-going process. 




Photo: www.inc.com
I managed to run (with a few breaks into a jogging pace) for 90 minutes (I was comparing my self to a footballer's stamina) I cannot deny that I may have sustained some minor strains whilst doing this, so it is so important that you remember to warm up and stretch. Try the cross trainer to loosen tight muscles if you're feeling a little worse for wear, initially. This will have less impact on your joints, then you can transfer to the treadmill and increase the speed as and when appropriate for your programme.

Fitness is a very personal matter, and no body should feel shame for desiring better health, sequentially a fitter body. Whether you are an over-weight person and therefore feel like you need to lose some to have a better quality of life, or if you are under-weight and feel that you would feel the benefits of gaining a proportionate amount of fat and muscle, then that is your right as a person to do so. You should never have to feel embarrassed because you want to experience your body, the temple in which your soul inhabits, to its greatest potential; to be comfortable in your own skin, rather than tyrannised by public opinion. 



Recent diet concepts such as Veganism, and rigorous work-out regimens are not only dangerous but they spark criticism around the life-styles of alternative people. I am bringing attention to this point because restrictions such as Veganism, Vegetarianism, Dairy Free etc. may not be suitable for all human beings. They are merely suggestions which may possibly revise your health or not. Watching or reading a transcript from a self-acclaimed health guru is not the way to balanced energy. You have to be patient with your self and substitute various food choices and exercises before you discover what makes your mind and body feel at its best. 


Doesn't taste like shit
 and full of B Vitamins


This time last summer, I was cycling 20 miles every other day around the Nottinghamshire canals and wildlife reserves, nourishing my body on hefty carbohydrates, chocolate flavour protein shakes, finishing off my evening with a sense of accomplishment, euphoria and a mug of Chamomile tea! In addition to this I attended the gym approximately 4 times per week to lift weights. I can admit that I am small, but from my experience I have learnt that I can also be very strong. The muscle that needs the most working on however, is the mind, that is where your power predominantly comes from and it is where the real discipline is mastered. 



Taken on my Smartphone - The Big Track


bikesbabes.tumblr.com
Health, diet, fitness, training, working out - these tags should not be temporary, it is a commitment and a life style as opposed to a short cut route to attaining the shape or form you wish to possess. In other words, do not feel obliged to change for any body, if you are wafer thin or thick and fuller do not be apologetic of your natural assets. It takes guts (of any size) to disregard comments about ones physical being; I hate skinny shaming, I hate fat shaming, I hate rudeness full stop. It is not necessary and it is as prejudice as sexism, racial slurs and homophobia. (In my opinion) It is not as if we chose our genetics before we were created - a woman or man does not have much decision about their build from birth, but the side of us which is nurturing can always be adapted. If you want a less formal version of exercise every week, there are hundreds of groups and classes at leisure centres and non-contract clubs, this might be a lot less pressure and an opportunity to be social and meet new people. I tried Zumba a couple of years ago and figured I was getting a work-out but it didn't feel like I was doing much 'work' because I was distracted by the music and having fun (:



Excuse my smudged make up
Don't usually wear it in the gym
(Swear not intentional) 


In some cases, we suffer conditions such as diabetes, polycystic ovaries or similar illnesses which effect the regulation of hormones and metabolism that can have a direct impact on our weight. Of course we celebrate that research is constantly being orchestrated into alleviating and eventually abolishing these diseases totally, unfortunately in the meantime we should bare in mind not to judge a book by its cover. When you look at somebody, you don't know if they're on medication, if they're injured, if they live with a condition which disturbs their juices (!)


https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/petition-against-junior-doctor-wage-cuts-in-england