The Gift Of Life

I know my last blog entry may have seemed like I was on drugs or not feeling well, but at the end of the day, I think I was suffering an episode of poor-mental health, and at the time, it was a genuine attempt to get my ideas across to you readers and to tickle your imaginations a bit. Although I wouldn't wish any one to be plagued by my daft ideas day in, day out; it would drive you batty!

I understand that some people like to read as a form of escapism, or to learn, or for entertainment, and sometimes the things I say or write about tend to bewilder the reader and can make them laugh, or cry. (Hopefully cry with laughter because they are the best kind of tears) Perhaps it gives leeway for bragging rights, I've never considered myself the type of person to narrate my entire life story each day to a bunch of strangers, yet I think that nowadays I have delicately obtained the subtle art of not giving a shit. That is to say, I will share with you what I deem appropriate :)

Little did I know that by taking a chance and actually putting yourself out there was the key to success, positive affirmations and actively monitoring our own thinking patterns can certainly create a better reality for ourselves. What you are, you attract; what you think you are, you become. It is as simple as that.





I have recently printed for publication, a photo-journal (a short story) about how cycling helped beat my depression. I hope that its creative linguistic twists and pretty images of nature can aid in helping relieve another sufferer of what I believe to be, a cancer of the mind. I am in greater favour of alternative-therapies, as opposed to binges of pharmaceutical drugs. The human brain is the most powerful tool you will ever own, your body is a temple for the soul. Your internal energy balances should not have to be tampered with by synthetic concoctions of very little recognised strains of medicine, on the contrary, I do fully accept that in some circumstances, it is the only way a person in pain manages to cope, whether that illness is visible to others or not, does not mean it is not torturing inside.

I think complementary therapies such as Reiki are substantially beneficial in promoting healing especially for mindfulness, meditation and inner-reflection (we begin to realise what is bad for us and how to prevent further harm) After many months of cycling around Nottinghamshire, armed with a camera and my headphones, I have found peace amongst the pressures we all have to face in life. I highly recommend the outdoors as a way to relieve inner conflict, emotional distress and to avoid self-harm.

Do not take any thing for granted, your home, family, food in the cupboards, the friendships and connections you have maintained during your entire life, are all crucial building blocks to an abundant, happy existence. If you can have time to yourself to pursue a personal dream or hobby then I would say, let nothing hold you back, but always remember those who helped you get there. Dreams do become real if you work for them! That is the Universal Law of Action. 

I have been scouted to join British Cycling on Sunday at The Milk Race. This was a wonderful surprise and a big achievement. I woke up that morning not feeling 100% ready or motivated to go, but if I had given up and let myself stay at home all day and dwell on feeling a bit sorry for myself and indifference, and let some lame vibrations stifle me, I would never have been truly fulfilled. I am so pleased to have been found by my new coach and offered an opportunity I could only ever have dreamed of! (In all truth of the matter I had been wishing to go pro, but didn't know where to start) What we ask for, will eventually come around. This is the Universal Law of Attraction. 

I learnt how to be more conscientious about the origins of dairy produce through talking to a Dairy Farmer prior to the race: www.thisisdairyfarming.com

After I raced I had the pleasure of speaking to a group of ladies from the University of Nottingham about psychology and research into cures for Dementia. I have signed up to a community ride to raise awareness and funds into research into early diagnosis and improved treatments: www.nottingham.ac.uk/lifecycle/getinvolved

I am currently investigating the topic of 'Love' for my Final Major Project. It is proving to be a debilitating life-long retrospection, though I wish to fairly represent Love with ultimately the highest integrity and non-bias, philosophies, studies, and opinions.