The Vintage Fair

Valentine's Day weekend, and Lou Lou's travelling Vintage fair is back in Nottingham at the Albert Hall for tea and cake and lots of reworked and classic fashions. Including those dating all the way back to the 20's, the event consisted of dozens of indie salespeople with their moving businesses to share the cream of the crop in Vintage trends and quirky mixed attire.


I raced into the queue to devour one of the delicious selection of sweet treats upon entry, for a sugar fix to keep my energy up around the market! Lady of Vintage Bakery are on Facebook so check out with their awesome skills via their page.


Following that, I floated over to an arrangement of beautiful crockery and felt enticed by a tiny floral teacup, filled with home made sage and citrus candle wax; to support independent business I decided it would prove to be a kind gesture that I purchased it, after admiring the collection for so long. I really enjoy scented candles and peaceful aromas so I couldn't help but favour this with a sentimental value.

I examined each item on the rails, masterfully contemplating all their characteristics, the history and timeless style that each of these garments possessed which has brought joy and flavour to life, generation after generation. The stories of 'my mother's friend's dress who only wore it once for that formal in the 60's' never fail to adorn my interest. Vintage fashion is quirky, fun and hand picked attire that you cannot simply walk into TOPSHOP and buy. I especially liked the delicate silverware and antique jewellery, some of the most dainty and elegant pieces that add charm and sparkle to any ordinary day outfit can be found here. Also a perfect place to find gifts for loved ones for any occasion.


The Albert Hall was a wonderful congregation of retro pastimes.




I couldn't help notice the assortment of the culture and age of the people at the fair. There were both families and friends together for the event, and likewise familiar faces from the clerks from my previous visits to the fair last year, and it was great to see that the stalls were alive with action, everyone delving into the unexposed pearls within. They also had a hair and beauty parlour, where the girls could remaster looks from icons such as Audrey Hepburn. Later, I flipped through some old magazine pages that had been preserved and cared for all these years. They included household names, models and designer labels.


                     


I collaborated my own 'look.'
The boots are genuine leather branded Clarks that were purchased from the event. The skirt and top are thrift shop finds. My bag is Primark (that is the only 'new' item on show)