My Experience with Alternative Therapy

image: holisticshop.co.uk
Greetings. I have recently been on a turbulent trip through something very traumatic. After having a pleasant rest and well-earned holiday, I decided to bite the bullet and pluck the courage to visit a psychic medium and an energy healer in the same day. My sleep pattern of late has been haywire, having late nights and missing entire mornings. I also met a lady based in Camden for a tarot reading about a year ago, unfortunately, I did not find her advice or talent very useful or coherent.

On this occasion, I approached more positively and I did a little research, to find a woman called Samantha Hamilton. She featured on television some years ago, predicting future occurrences in football matters, that she is herself was entirely unrelated to. She claims to have had no interest in the subject. I wanted to share my perspective on the subject since I know a lot of people are curious/ skeptical/ afraid of such phenomena. I have desired to see a person such as Samantha for many years, so it would be interesting to investigate these events publicly.

My old friend and I went to see a clairvoyant a few years back, and she tells me that the predictions were spookily accurate, however, she remained uncertain of its authenticity at the time. I believe she is currently happy with her life, and some of these predictions made by the psychic may have come true. The good aspects of course! 

In good faith, but with an air of doubt, although I was hoping for a lot of answers, and guidance, since my own life, has been all over the place... quite unsettled really. I have toyed with the tarot and if you are serious about it, like me, then you will understand how scary and dangerous this sort of thing can be.

Upon arriving I was early for my appointment, however, she was ready to see me immediately, and seemed to expect my anticipant entrance. I was led to a lovely small room, with an arrangement of crystals and decks of colourful illustrated card decks. She asked me to switch the light off and take a seat. I felt a sense of safety and homelike familiarity, and my whole body shook with nervousness and excitement all at once. She said, "Take your time" and I picked out 30 cards like sweet and salted popcorn. I trusted the cards would be worked with by higher dimensional forces, and that this selection of cards were fate already, specifically for me. This is based on my belief on the practice.

She even gave me permission to record the entire session on my phone, so that I could refer to it again when I got home. I am still interpreting some of the messages, like all things in life, I try to take it with a pinch of salt. I have to admit, that it is incredibly hard to explain the wonders of such a performance, it ignited my imagination and gave me some encouragement, after all, she was kind, concise, and gave me a genuine heart to heart on the important aspects of my life and possible future. 

She told me things about myself, a deeper reception on elements of my life that she could not have known as fact without bearing some form of divine powers. Her reading suggested some interesting options and potentially open doors, with a decent idea on what I could create with my skills and some hard work. She treated me with respect and patience. With the luck I have endured lately, this acted as a bit of a life-line. It was really cool and fun, and I would actually recommend doing it, especially Samantha. You don't have to strictly subscribe to it, it can be something to take away as entertainment, it enables us to develop new plans, trips, and adventures in our lives. I do believe in life after death, and because of metaphysics type stuff, I have been convinced from a young age, that our 'spirit' goes somewhere, it must go back to the stardust, I think. It isn't like this 'life' though, and it cannot be identified as 'life' because we cannot perceive it like this existence, that we have entitled "Life." 

As for me, I ventured to an energy worker next that afternoon. I have to tell you, I only went in for a brief consultation about the nature of the work that she considered appropriate for my personal requirements. I ended up getting legal advice and a bit of hypnotherapy. I didn't consent to this, and I returned home feeling afraid and like my energies had been tampered with in a way that was illicit. 

It was a very intimate experience, and I felt predisposed initially, until I realised I was just paying for a counselling session of talking therapy, alongside a load of information I was already aware of. It didn't change my life, it helped in that present time, and I felt exceptionally well understood, in addition to a great atmosphere and moral support. She offered me further appointments, but I don't think I will be returning. I believe there are other methods by which we can help ourselves as therapeutic techniques of self-improvement and for the rebalancing of energies. If we are all connected, then we should remind ourselves often, of the constant teamwork that is necessary for the production of all the things in life that we usually take for granted. We should as a population, insist that our mutual aspirations and desires, for well-being and happiness, is a shared experience and people generally, need to become less competitive, and realise that better things happen when we that we need each other to prosper and attract the things we need or want in life. 

Energy healers are not necessary for you, unless you require further knowledge and are unsure of how to practice your arts. I think massage, music, sport and regular self-care are the best processes to replenish your energies or to exert negative ones. You can easily get lost in a good book or an encapsulating film that would nourish the mind, or staying connected to loved ones. Our families are our main centers of energy, shared experiences and culture. It is paramount that we remain strong within our communities and relationships, to be honest and open with each other, then our energies will remain flowing and healthy.

I smoked a cigarette and battered out my songs on keyboard, along with a good singing session with some lyrics up on a screen. I panicked because I felt like I had lost a massive part of myself after visiting the energy woman. So I do not recommend this practice if you are feeling vulnerable, you are capable of fixing your own energies, by other means necessary, as long as it does not affect another living being in a negative light. 

I believe to have almost lost touch with my own crafts, by entangling my energies with a total stranger. I have to offer a short description here in relation to this. Everything that you do has consequences, this is law, this is fact, this is logic. I know this because of the beliefs that I possessed before welcomed bad situations in my life... I am not recommending that being a hermit will guarantee love, pleasure and wholeness, but I do want to let people know they should think twice before floating off to someone for help because they've got a few certificates... Taking recreational drugs with groups of people aligns your consciousness with them, you can spawn some great memories but afterwards, likely fatal. It then requires extensive spiritual/ emotional work to rebalance your psyche. I believe Emotional Freedom Technique (the unconsented therapy I received, I was virtually mind raped/ scammed) actually numbs the emotion that makes us human. I nearly sold my soul. Never forget the essence of who you are. Be true to yourself, do not be afraid of new experiences, but please, do not trust any 'old' person with your entire life unless they are family or a close friend who you know to be on your wave length, to know you personally, who therefore can provide empathy and naturally some real support. Find your frequency, do not allow other people to tell you how to live your life. You're number one, and your contentment comes first.