Ouch, How Time Flies

I haven't written on here for a good while, since I've been distracted with the inevitable elements of every day life. Final Major Project just about killed me off, and balancing the right mixture of social, work and recreational interests and commitments, is a craft in its own right. I can understand more clearly now, why it has become a job in itself to just, well, survive. I briefly looked at Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs, and in society's dog-eat-dog nature, constant rush for another sweet rush, and pressures appearing from every angle of our approach, the sad truth is that no matter what you do, you can't please every one and yourself. At some point, you're going to have to leave the unhealthy, old ideals of living, and exchange them for something else, because despite whatever benefit you believe this outdated system has to offer you, in the long term, it is only going to wear away at your psyche and quality of life more with time. There is no softer version of that story.


pic cred: simplypsychology.org

I have been having an affair with time. The only problem is that even when I reside in my best places, mentally and emotionally, I cannot seem to totally erase characterised memories of the past, like hungry ghosts forever slipping their way into my dimension, beckoning me to crash and burn, repent, regret, reject! It feels like I am in limbo; between work and having time for others, I float ambiguously at arms length, to people elsewhere. Living in the present moment is hard when you're in between jobs, homes and cliques. Speaking from experience, if you are desperate for help in some form, it is better to seek it from within yourself. I know you may want to beg your family to bail you out, or blackmail your best friend on the sly, but you should use that intuition or God or whatever you want to call it. Quieten your mind, and try to listen, but don't let the negative voices, haunting, hateful comments, bully you into self-harm, self-loathing and isolation.

Go deep inside and try to account times that you were in a similar situation, in order to relieve yourself of the current burden, whether it is existing in your physical reality or not, these unresolved issues can continue to eat away at your soul. We often know what is best for us, rather than accepting bad advice as hard truths from perpetrators or demons. Take your own time considerately, to strategically develop a plan of action that is going to effectively help you move on or deal with a particular problem. Rather than go to a seemingly friendly stranger, who claims to be your friend. They are more likely to abuse, confuse or fool you, they are not professionally trained to deal with your shit. They will probably use that against you when you least expect it. Heavy, I know. Take it from me, this is very possible. 


Alarm clock smashing
pic cred: lawschooli.com

Time doesn't really exist anyway, it is just a measurement, to calculate the space between moments. People ridiculed by the past, have no power to change it, and people anxious for their future, have no gift to preview it. (Unless you are a self acclaimed fortune teller or prophet) I am a strong believer in free-will, and personal responsibility, that you still can steer your future through your preferred path. I am talking about living in the present moment. This is not to suggest that things don't happen for a reason; the opposite matter is one of my favourite mottos. I do think that events in our lives are thrown at us to challenge us, teach us something, or allow something else to change. We have to cautiously juggle a varied hand we are dealt called our personal battles, adjacent to human beings with similar dilemmas, and this can cause a lot of unnecessary drama and tragedy, if you ask me. If only we all just took better care of ourselves!