Not All Hippie Types Take Drugs

Hi. It's about time I wrote something again for my readers!
I have had an exponential roller coaster as usual since my last post.

I have lost myself, attached to past events which are no longer existing in the present and unfortunately it has held me back in some ways.

This blog entry is to identify a particularly odd episode of my life. It does involve recent events in Notts, fashion and of course, it's most important quality- is it's people!

You know when you are just laying awake at night thinking about someone or something that just won't leave you and you are baffled at its power over your mind, we all have those nights. The key is to remain strong and take pleasure in the little things, even if it is just a cup of coffee on your settee in the morning, in the peace of your own abode.

My fashion today consists of a pair of harem pants which are loose and lightweight material, especially nice for riding my bike in the sunshine. Remember, it is the little things that light our path and it is substantial that we do not take these activities for granted, therefore you grant depression or similar conditions to engulf you.

I am also wearing a thin grey jersey top, with a zip running down the back from the nape. I like its simple elegance, reasonable for this spring weather we are undergoing. I team it with my pink boyfriend fit 60's style duster coat. I realised that this has become my regular look. I am not ashamed of it, however I do think it might be a bit brave from observation and comparison of other people.

So from my sleeplessness, I sipped instant coffee, black because I have had FOGO. There is no milk in the fridge. Don't you just hate that!?

Anyway, I recently looked on The Nottingham Post and I am really gutted to hear about the recent accidents, crimes and missing people in Nottingham. It is frightening when you realise there is so much bad stuff going on around you, and it induces a sense of lack in personal safety too. The amount of scaremongering is a lot to handle, especially as a reporter, these investigations prove to be hazardous in themselves. I was cycling pass La Tasca around The Lace Market and felt a strange, eerie atmosphere, little to my knowledge, as I would discover later today, that a young man had indeed fallen from one of the windows and nearly killed himself.

Not exactly the cheeriest topic of interest, although it is local news after all. We are all dealing with our own personal battles, and this is a prime example of how we may feel, buried deeply, yet not unsolved. When we let emotions and problems stack up in the backs of our mind, we only need minor triggers to ruin us, in more ways than one. As a person engrossed in the Mind, Body and Spirit culture, I am a keen novice in understanding how we can adapt and have the courage to change things for the better.

I do not feel like moving forward sometimes but I carry on any way, because I know for a fact that when you hit rock bottom the only way is up. We plateau for a while and then hit some bumps in the road, and before you know it, its like the worlds ending- at least our world has crashed.

 None the less, I continued on my quest!

I reached the meeting point for the second round of this niche job, and the anticipation quickly turned sour due to what intuitively felt very wrong. The whole aspect of working with this company felt uncomfortable and unnatural. What I had dreamed was the perfect employment opportunity, turned out to be that of what I believe to be, the dodgy sort.

It makes me lose faith in the community of Nottingham, or perhaps, just my own very bad luck, or worse still, my perspective! With all the occurrences of late, I am about ready for a radical change! I will keep the blog updated with good news and fashion favourites as always.

I don't want this to get too heavy, as I think we already have enough of that in life :)



 Rose Quartz Necklace: Primark
Amethyst Drop Earrings: M&S


Harems: Topshop


Top: Primark