Accessories Street

Last week, I was doing a major haul of beauty products. As someone working in retail, I think it is necessary for the sales assistants to look fresh and well groomed. Here I have selected a few of my favourite products...





I bought these in Boots because I didn't want to spend £40 for acrylics amidst toxic fumes of a major salon on Thurland Street. I just feel a tad responsible for the environment, furthermore the independent nail technicians around the City Centre lose a lot of business to the bigger beauty bars in Nottingham.

I required a quick fix and these proved appropriate for a gig at the pub a couple of weeks ago. Later I painted them black, so they are very versatile. Notably I like the shape and the faded colour effect. 

They were around £7; moderately priced since they lasted a good while. I've replaced this set by 'Elegant Touch' to these that are on my hands now; I don't think that glittery pink lacquer can get any more typical girlie - girl than that! They were discounted in Primark to a mere quid... Get in(!) I applied them whilst I was half asleep as well, which goes to show that their no mess, no fuss and they still look decent and adhere like the ones I am holding up too.




My friend gave me a septum ring from Claire's valued at £8. I like the diamanté detailing because it is an adequate piece of jewellery to highlight the face with out the lust for excessive piercings of the countenance. A mon avis.

I currently have a bar in with balls on the ends, though my family think that it is horrendous. In spite of that, I think piercings and tattoos still have too much stigma surrounding them, especially in the mainstream fashion and beauty industry. Employers seldom permit their staff to sport these fashions whilst on shift.






You seen these things again? Apparently they're still trendy. In fact why break the bank for one on the high street and get yourself one on Amazon for a sheer 20p, ridiculous. I was wearing these to Birthday parties since I was a kid. Oh the 90's how I miss you. The pattern intrigues me, because it looks like this symbol which appears in physics. Black chokers were worn by prostitutes in the 1800's. I hope this does not mean we are advertising sex, I am a feminist after all. On the other hand, I feel that my right as a woman is to dress and decorate my self however I wish, disregarding any perverse connotations created by the male gaze which women are still altercating today.