What People Taught Me At University

First things first. I am not going to undertake a proposition that university is the be all and end all of victory amongst our species. I recall being at school whereby the teachers imposed that if we were to avert higher education that we would never attain our hearts desires. Since my own path has transpired unimaginable consequences, I oppose this structure. Finishing school without formal qualifications, truth be told, is not as dreadful as one may believe. Sure, we are lectured on mandatory subjects, such as Math, English and Science. Once we are inquired about our elected coursework, the reality of our futures truly begin to flash before our eyes.

Most parents and carers encourage their children to seek some form of employment whilst they are undergoing these examinations. Some suggest avoiding this settlement, in consideration of the fact that it may disrupt the progression of ones educational credentials. On the other hand, from personal experience, a few hours during the weekend in a business such as a supermarket or cafe can substantially benefit an individual's maturity and independence, preparing them for the real world, post 16. Furthermore, there are opportunities for apprenticeships in an environment focussed on occupation rather than academia, which should be valued as equally as a degree or vocational award.

Traditionally, should one young person decide to leave their school with their GCSE's and apply for training in a BTEC or NVQ then that is as valid as A Levels because anybody can do 3 years towards a Bachelors. I realise that you do not have to feel pressured to go to an institution providing these programs immediately, after all. You can save finances from temporary placements, professions and charitable services then attend in the future, such as late 20s - 30s. 

One of the major reasons so many of us processed our declarations earlier is on account of the despair that course fees would increase over the next few years that would hinder lower income families children from ever obtaining a higher level qualification which could massively improve their impending careers. This hypodermic needle of implanted anxiety into young minds has propelled us into mass hysteria.

I can affirm that it is entirely meritable to complete a scholarly class, as it proves that the citizen will retain a full time position more effectively. On the other hand, some would argue that students grow accustomed to living too leisurely and therefore unprepared for the outside. I was going to Media lessons at Rushcliffe, yet due to emotional frustration, it was suggested that I work on my projects from home, should I wish to achieve an A level from their Sixth Form. 

My best friend aided me in doing this only days before the presentation was due to be delivered. I remember dragging myself to the final back in June 2011, hazed from the previous night consuming illicit drugs and indifferently existing in my negligence. As I rolled into the room, every body was static with dread mixed with impatience. My retarding irritated everyone so much I shouldn't have loitered. Had I not appeared that morning, I would certainly not be where I am today. This was before I had heard of Deepak Chopra's Laws of the Universe, which I later discovered during 2014.

I was doing a part time concentration in hairdressing and working over time at The Co Op when I was introduced to a guy who inspired me to pursuit a foundation degree in writing. I was uninformed about the accessibility of these establishments until this occurred. I knew I had potential to get one of these certificates stating my assessed competence, I didn't hesitate to determine the fortuities that this would disclose. I've been migrating across the UK all in relation to this verdict. In hindsight I would always recommend young people to treasure their elders and repute their opinions with greater respect than that of peer groups.


"Not trying is the step towards failure"

University is without a doubt not centrally oriented around alcohol and parties, it is actually a very internal practice of ventilating previous grievances and finding new passions. Depending on your type of character, during the first year you may rendevous with people who take life more seriously than others; resulting in one direction or the other. Some people become especially introverted, having met an abundance of colourful to - be boffins. As a girl who was quite outgoing and thirsty to investigate new options, I have learnt that healthy boundaries are not a negative element of an evolving spirit. We should not feel like we have to share every particle of our lives to be noticed. Small ethical conducts will be observed in the long run.


Another scrap of advice I would love to share, is to conserve your energy as much as possible to avoid a burn out. Otherwise you'll end up in a psychiatric ward for 72 hours having a panic attack about fuck all, surrounded by insincere health workers who don't care about your identity. A sensible job during education is a tactful idealism when it comes down to the rudiments of living in your own home. When you simply cannot rely on family anymore for support, due to contrasting expectations and suspicions, we wake up to the tangents of inverse fascinations. The world of work is a warfield for those who are deficient of belief in oneself.

Additionally I have failed to contrive a future whereby I have visualised partner, children and wife. Alas, so they say, we do not pick and choose who we fall in love with. Inevitably there is romantic drama post 18. We are made acquainted with people who are contentious of the same agenda. Its like conscripted propaganda by invisible dominations are dispatching us to descend before we even have a chance to sense anything, other than a gruelling routine of administration. We're supposed to have a documentation of birth, a social security number and be registered at a place of residence. Hardly do I accept this as the only dialectical, a well known cause of controversy, as the inferiority complex taxed on working class families around the UK.


1. Budget wisely. Get your priorities right. Roof, food and bills. In that order if I may say so myself.

2. Only do something if you want to do it. Don't be strayed into activities that pose no advantage to your beatitude.

3. Proceed with a balance of altruism and parsimony whenever appropriate.

4. Do not envy the accomplishments of your friends. We have all vacated the pond and are entering the ocean. There are regular posts emerging in a rapidly ripening globe. Perseverance is about 50% demand, 50% promise.

5. You will be forgiven for jumping in bed with every Tom, Dick or Harry after a few cocktails.

6. The format and design of your accommodation is irrelevant. Your safety is key.

7. It doesn't matter if you flop it. Naturally flip to another version which contents you directly. You might be engaged on a Biology assignment one day, and a week later you endure some hardship and figure out that you're primitive is telling you to switch to Art History or languages, for example.

8. That people are sentient beings, not mere machines of standardised society. You could be approached by anyone at any time, and you cannot determine what they're going to ask you, or unveil to you about their previous abdications and forfeits.

9. Your background is not germane to latent expressions of gluttony. 

10. We are all going to age, piss up and chat shit, then die.