Keeping Up Appearances

Would you believe it or not? I have spent at least a good hour (or what easily feels like that long) comparing these photographs to set as my new Facebook profile picture. Genuinely, what I find incredibly amusing is the fact that I can't afford my own food and rent, but for some noxious reason, I punish my self with a superficial lecture about which picture could entice the allure and appeal of my acquaintances, portraying an expression of mercy and humility for my loyalty.

How can I represent my personality the most effectively, receive reliable feedback, with out deliberate intention to sculpt an explicitly artificial, tailored impression that of my environment, the glazed glance of my eyes, and an edge in the angle that it has been taken from. 

As someone with a disorder (originally thought to be a personality disorder but after tactful research misconceived & apparently Autism) with an unstable schedule and an acutely sparse differentiation to offer to my friends online, it would appear that the profile shots of me, certainly do not achieve the reception that I was or was not anticipating. What kind of audience were you expecting, I hear (?) It seems to me, that regardless of my position, no matter where I am residing, I have been fortunate enough to get the like button clicked underneath my posts. I am beginning to realise how delicate and intimate the social media platform is and how it forms an individual across their FB life.

Since the timeline was introduced there were some complaints because it meant that the user was limited as to how they could create their image, virtual persona, and interactive behaviour. With social media on a quick progression, with more apps than ever available to meet strangers from your local area, there is no doubt that once a user signs up to an agreement with the developers and a contract is made between the owner himself and the customer/consumer that there are undeniable risks involved. 

I think I speak on behalf of the majority of us when I mention that over the course of the Facebook journey, that we have gradually become defeated about our liberties and focus around the tools and functions the communications site provides. Especially the reluctance of the messenger app that persists with rectifiable glitches, rather as it is so accessible, I am disheartened by the society I was raised in for taking such amazing technologies for granted. Gradually we do associate with the mini-games and fun memes etc. which are classed as marketable products. We as a generation should remain vigilant about our presence on the intelligence of this corporate scheme. 

Inevitably and remarkably so, the main properties of a Facebook are exclusively profitable for people who want to make celebrities out of each other, with their constant humour, irregular comments, party snaps and ornate holiday clips. Occasionally I testimony to an unusual vendetta of abstract thoughts and political conferences, that perhaps do not belong on the website. Conveniently enough, it is often challenged that it has the opposite effect. (i.e. Recent US election hype)

Respectively, a civilised person would usually hesitate to attack a faith group or circuitry of prestige, therefore why is it permissible to accept condescending political policies on a website designed to bring communities closer together, instead of raging wars with meandering minds about issues that should be taken to alternative authorities. On the contrary, it could be concentrated down to the fact it is more democratic than your traditional board of ministers; however some would agree that it provides an outlet to share their voices about matters agnosticism sparks in the hearts of the people. A lot of faith has been lost to our system and it only requires a few to reciprocate amongst these silenced legislative warriors. 

If somebody has an opinion about government policies then is it more sensible that they should grow some balls and go to the allocated advocate? This, like all linguistic analyses and observations, need to be managed with diplomacy and a coherent leadership including liability on a conscience that is prepared to render to the obstacles we face as a country and a global network.