Films 4 Thought

Sorry, it has been ages since I posted! If I told you the true story behind my absence, you probably wouldn't believe me anyway. Let's just say, I am elated that I got to spend Christmas with my Sister, and I am praying for a New Year full of happiness, opportunities, and less rocky roads (not the sort you eat, I meant metaphorically, I haven't had one of those in years... damn it)

"I don't know who to be anymore."

In life, we all face the problem of identity and feelings of insecurity about where we belong in society and in the great world of work. I met a dozen of professionals recently, and it gave me some perspective on what "work" actually relates to. These attributes can be meddled with in relation to the apparent socio-economic structure, and I for one, believe this to be another false perception as we are all human beings, deserving of recognition and opportunity to excel in our chosen fields of expertise. These feelings of uncertainty, misdirection and struggles with "finding oneself" are far more common than we allow ourselves to accept since these topics are not always freely spoken about amongst family, friends and colleagues. I have yet to answer this inconclusive problem. I suppose it is something that the government and franchises across the world indoctrinate upon us; a bombarding wave of advertisements and other petty pressures we could really do without. On the contrary, a degree of stress may be necessary to motivate and encourage the human race to utilise their skills and interests into the better development and evolution of mankind, for the greater good. We could argue that this is all opinion based, however, this is what the planet is made of. Opinions of the masses.





After weeks of deliberate isolation, free thinking is difficult to translate into free speech. "Sometimes, the only place to go is inside" - I am in fact, quoting Mac Miller there, check him out. I have had some really bizarre ideas about what to write up next on my blog. I will continue the conversation on these concepts a little while later. Though don't hold me to that, for all we know, next week I might be off gigging again or hot air balloon riding, my life is that unpredictable. Not only do I feel that this is a working progress, but it is open to contribution from my readership, online acquaintances and friends in spirit. If someone converses with me about something I am extremely passionate about, then I am more likely to write up an article to share. That is the writer's ethic. It is instinct. I suppose that is why I wanted to become a writer in the first place, there are so many outlets to reach through blogging and people to inspire. I was thinking, since it has been Christmas, to keep the tone light and festive with a brief breakdown of one of our favourite debates... that of the media theme. Film came up over the holiday and I wanted to share my OPINION on the best films of all time. (Feel free to add in comments)

I have tried to select movies from each genre, so here follows:

CHICK FLICK : MEAN GIRLS (2004)
THRILLER : INCEPTION (2010)
DRAMA : FIGHT CLUB (1999)
ANIME : THE ANIMATRIX (2003)
MUSICAL : GREASE (1978)
ROMANCE : BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'S (1961)
Computer Generated Images (CGI) : AVATAR (2009)
HORROR : THE OTHERS (2001)
FANTASY : HARRY POTTER SERIES (2001-2011)
FAMILY : E.T (1982)
ACTION : PULP FICTION (1994)

I know this looks like a  sorry attempt to restart my blog, but seeing as I enjoyed it so much before, I guess it is worth trying to relaunch it with some other topics, to try and broaden my horizons, grab the attention of the some new audiences. Besides it is nearly the New Year, and when it is a new year, there are always surprises and new things to explore, and I mean that very diversely by every meaning of the word, "things" (!)

So there you have it, a short "Hello" from me again, and here's hoping everyone had a lovely Christmas.